The New Mexico Energy Policy Simulator (EPS) is a free and open-source computer model created by Energy Innovation LLC and RMI. It is adapted from software originally created by Energy Innovation LLC.
The New Mexico Energy Policy Simulator may be used on this website through your web browser, or the full version may be downloaded to your computer by clicking the button below. Note that you will need to go through the steps explained on the EPS download page in order to install the required software and make use of the downloadable version of the model.
Documentation of source data, assumptions, and policy scenarios is available [here](https://github.com/EnergyInnovation/eps-New Mexico/raw/3.2.1/3.2%20Policy%20Assumptions%20and%20Sources.pdf).
U.S. State EPS Methodology
The U.S. State EPS Methodology page details our basic modeling assumptions, data sources, and methodology by sector. Additionally, we include information on the business-as-usual (BAU) and nationally determined contribution (NDC) scenario assumptions.
Acknowledgement of Contributors and Reviewers
We would like to acknowledge the following people who helped adapt the Energy Policy Simulator for New Mexico. Individuals are listed alphabetically.
- Members of the New Mexico Climate Change Task Force
- Patrick Cummins, Center for the New Energy Economy
- Ashna Aggarwal, RMI
- Olivia Ashmoore, Energy Innovation LLC
- Kyle Clark-Sutton, RMI
- Nathan Iyer, RMI
- Megan Mahajan, Energy Innovation LLC
- Robbie Orvis, Energy Innovation LLC
18.104.22.168 - June 9, 2023
- Bug fix
- Prevent rare Vensim error caused by negative ppriority values in ALLOCATE AVAILABLE function
22.214.171.124 - May 19, 2023
- Bug fix
- Allow changes in capacity construction subsidies to affect electricity prices
126.96.36.199 - February 6, 2023
- Update model to version 3.4.3
3.2.1 - April 30, 2022
- Official launch of the New Mexico EPS
The Energy Policy Simulator (EPS) is released under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3) or any later version and is free and open-source software. Refer to the Software License page for full details.
Abiquiu, New Mexico
License: Unsplash License
Changes: Image has been cropped and a fade has been applied to the left side.